التوحيد at-Tawhid

Author Topic: The Three Fundamentals  (Read 946 times)

Ummah

• Global Moderator
  • O people! Respond (with obedience) to Allah's Call
The Three Fundamentals
« on: 07.06.2015, 09:30:38 AM »

الأُصُولُ الثَّلاثَةُ
The Three Fundamentals

Shaykh'ul Islam Muhammad ibn Abdi'l Wahhab (rahimahullah)

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful),

Know, may Allah have mercy on you, that it is compulsory for us to learn four issues:

The First Issue: al-Ilm (knowledge): It is:

مَعْرِفَةُ اللهِ Marifatullah (knowing Allah),

مَعْرِفَةُ نَبِيِّهِ Marifat'un Nabiyyihi (knowing His Messenger) sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, and

مَعْرِفَةُ دِينِ Marifat'ud Din (knowing the religion of Islam)

with its textual proofs.

The Second Issue: Amal (acting) according to it.

The Third Issue: Dawah (calling/inviting) others to it.

The Fourth Issue: Sabr (patience) in the face of adversity that results from (knowing, acting and inviting to) it.

And the evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta'ala, Surat’ul Asr (al-Asr 103/1-3):

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِِ وَالْعَصْرِ إِنَّ الإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Bismillahirrahmanirrahim,

By the Time. Verily, Man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and exhorts one another to Truth, and exhorts one another to Patience and Constancy."

(Imam) ash-Shafii, rahimahullahi Ta'ala (may Allah Ta’ala have mercy on him), said (about these verses):

لَوْ مَا أَنْزَلَ اللهُ حُجَّةً عَلَى خَلْقِهِ إِلا هَذِهِ السُّورَةَ لَكَفَتْهُمْ

"If no argument besides this Surah (Chapter of the Qur'an) had been revealed by Allah to His creation, it would have been sufficient for them."

al-Bukhari, rahimahullahi Ta'ala, said (in his Sahih):

بَابُ: العِلْمُ قَبْلَ القَوْلِ وَالْعَمَلِ

Bab'ul Ilmu Qabla'l Qawli wa'l Amali (Chapter: Knowledge before the statement and the action); and the evidence is the statement of Ta’ala:

فَاعْلَمْ أَنَّهُ لاَ إِله إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لِذَنبِكَ

"And know there is no god but Allah, and seek forgiveness for your sin, and for the believers." (Muhammad 47/19) 

"Thus Allah began with al-Ilm (knowledge) first (before al-Qawl; the statement and al-Amal; the action."
Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said:

إِنَّ النَّاسَ دَخَلُوا فِي دِينِ اللهِ أَفْوَاجًا، وَسَيَخْرُجُونَ مِنْهُ أَفْوَاجًا

"Verily, the people have entered into the religion of Allah in crowds and they will also leave it in crowds." (Ahmad, Musnad)

Ummah

• Global Moderator
Re: The Three Fundamentals of Islam
« Reply #1 on: 07.06.2015, 09:40:46 AM »

Know, may Allah have mercy on you, that it is Wajib (obligatory) upon Kulli Muslim and Muslimat (every Muslim; male and female), to learn these three aspects and Amal (to act) according to them:

The First

That Allah has created us, and supplied us (with our means of subsistence) and has not left us without guidance. On the contrary, He has sent a messenger to us; whosoever obeys him (i.e., the messenger) is destined to enter al-Jannah (the garden i.e., Paradise), and whosoever disobeys him is consigned to an-Nar (the fire i.e., Hell).

The evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ رَسُولاً شَاهِداً عَلَيْكُمْ كَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَى فِرْعَوْنَ رَسُولاً فَعَصَى فِرْعَوْنُ الرَّسُولَ فَأَخَذْنَاهُ أَخْذاً وَبِيل 

"Verily, We have sent to you, (O men) a Messenger, to be a witness over you, as We did send a Messenger to Firawn (Pharaoh). But Firawn disobeyed the Messenger; so We seized him with a severe Punishment." (al-Muddathir 73/15-16)

The Second

Allah does not accept that any partner is associated with Him in worship, neither be he Malaku Muqarrab (an exalted angel) nor a Nabiyyu Mursalun (Prophet that has been sent).

وَأَنَّ الْمَسَاجِدَ لِلَّهِ فَلاَ تَدْعُوا مَعَ اللَّهِ أَحَداً 

"And the places of worship are for Allah (alone): So invoke not any one along with Allah." (Jinn 72/18)

The Third

Whosoever bears Ita'a (shows obedience) to ar-Rasul (the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and worshiped Allah alone (believes in the Oneness of Allah), it is not  permissible for him to show Muwalaat (to befriend) those who deny/oppose Allah (Ta'ala) and His Rasul (messenger sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), even if they were his closest kin.

لاَ تَجِدُ قَوْماً يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ يُوَادُّونَ مَنْ حَادَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَلَوْ كَانُوا آبَاءَهُمْ أَوْ أَبْنَاءهُمْ أَوْ إِخْوَانَهُمْ أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ أُوْلَئِكَ كَتَبَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمُ الإِيمَانَ وَأَيَّدَهُم بِرُوحٍ مِّنْهُ وَيُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ أُوْلَئِكَ حِزْبُ اللَّهِ أَلاَ إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ

"You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Ruh from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will be Successful." (al-Mujadilah 58/22)

Know, may Allah cultivate you in obeying Him, the Hanifiyyah (pure worship and monotheism), which is the Millah (religion) of Ibrahim (alayhi salam), is worshiping Allah alone, of Mukhlisan (dedicating yourself sincerely in pure religious devotion to serving Him) to His Din (religion). This is what Allah has enjoined Jamia’an Naas (on all men), and for this reason He has created them. As (Allah) Ta'ala stated:

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالإِنْسَ إِلاَّ لِيَعْبُدُونِ

"And I (i.e., Allah) created not the Jinn and mankind, except that they should worship Me (alone)." (adh-Dhariyat 51/56)

The meaning of
يَعْبُدُونِ "Worship Me" is: (to profess Allah's) Oneness (believing that Allah is the One Who commands them and Who imposes prohibitions on them).

The greatest of that which Allah has ordered is at-Tawhid, and it (Tawhid) is to worship Allah alone.

The greatest of that which He has forbidden is ash-Shirk, and it (Shirk) is Dawatu ghayrihi maahu (associating partners with Allah; worshiping other gods beside Allah, and setting up rivals to Allah when it is He alone who has created you).

وَاعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ وَلاَ تُشْرِكُواْ بِهِ شَيْئا

"Worship Allah, and do not associate any partners with Him (in worship)." (an-Nisa 4/36)

إِنَّ النَّاسَ دَخَلُوا فِي دِينِ اللهِ أَفْوَاجًا، وَسَيَخْرُجُونَ مِنْهُ أَفْوَاجًا

"Verily, the people have entered into the religion of Allah in crowds and they will also leave it in crowds." (Ahmad, Musnad)

Ummah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 07.06.2015, 09:46:14 AM »

الأُصُولُ الثَّلاثَةُ The Three Fundamentals

If it was said to you: "What are the three fundamentals that a person must know?

Say: “A bondman should know his
رَبَّ Rabb (Lord), his دِينَ Din (religion), and his نَبِيَّ Nabi (Prophet) Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.”

The First Fundamental:
مَعْرِفَةُ الرَّبِّ Marifat'ul Rabb (Knowing the Lord i.e., Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala)

If it was said to you: “Who is your Lord?” Say: “My Lord is Allah. He has nourished me and all other creatures with His blessings. He is my Deity, and I have no other Deity but Him to worship."

الْحَمْدُ للَهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

"Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the world." (al-Fatiha 1/2)

and everything other than Allah is of His Creation; and I am one from that Creation.

If it was said to you: "How did you come to know your Lord?" Say: "(I have known Him) through Ayaatihi (His signs) and Mahluqatihi (His creations): Among His signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Among His creations are the seven Heavens and the seven Earths, and all that is in and between them."

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ اللَّيْلُ وَالنَّهَارُ وَالشَّمْسُ وَالْقَمَرُ لاَ تَسْجُدُوا لِلشَّمْسِ وَلاَ لِلْقَمَرِ وَاسْجُدُوا لِلَّهِ الَّذِي خَلَقَهُنَّ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ

"And from among His Sings are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Prostrate yourselves not to the Sun and the Moon, but prostrate yourselves to Allah, Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." (Fussilat 41/37)

And His (Ta'ala) saying:

إِنَّ رَبَّكُمُ اللّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى عَلَى الْعَرْشِ يُغْشِي اللَّيْلَ النَّهَارَ يَطْلُبُهُ حَثِيثاً وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ وَالنُّجُومَ مُسَخَّرَاتٍ بِأَمْرِهِ أَلاَ لَهُ الْخَلْقُ وَالأَمْرُ تَبَارَكَ اللّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ

"Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then He rose over the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He brings the night as a cover over the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: and the Sun, the Moon, and the stars, (all) are subjected to His Command. Verily, His is the Creation and the Commandment. Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds!" (al-A’raf 7/54)

الرَّبُ al-Rabb; the Lord (Master, the Proprietor, the One who brings into existence things from nothing) He is al-Mabud (the Deity i.e., the true Deity; the only One who deserves to be worshiped). The evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اعْبُدُواْ رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ وَالَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الأَرْضَ فِرَاشاً وَالسَّمَاء بِنَاءً وَأَنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً فَأَخْرَجَ بِهِ مِنَ الثَّمَرَاتِ رِزْقاً لَّكُمْ فَلاَ تَجْعَلُواْ لِلّهِ أَندَاداً وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

"O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), who created you and those who were before you, so that you may become pious; Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down rain from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah (in worship) while you know (that He alone has the right to be worshiped)." (al-Baqarah 2/21-22)

Ibn Kathir may Allah Ta’ala have mercy on him said:

الخَالِقُ لِهَذِهِ الأَشْيَاءَ هُوَ الْمُسْتَحِقُّ لِلْعِبَادَةِ

"It is only al-Khaliq (the creator) of all these things who deserves to be worshiped."

Some of the types of worship ordained by Allah are (the five pillars of)
الإِسْلام al-Islam (the religion of Islam), (the articles of) الإِيمَانِ al-Iman (faith), الإِحْسَان al-Ihsaan (submission, watchfulness and good obedience), and from them (the types of worship) are:

الدُّعَاءُ ad-Du’a (invocation and supplications), الْخَوْفُ al-Khawf (fear of Allah), الرَّجَاءُ ar-Raja (hopefulness of His mercy), التَّوَكُّلُ at-Tawakkul (trust), الرَّغْبَة ar-Raghbah (aspiration), الرَّهْبَةُ ar-Rahbah (awe), الْخُشُوعُ al-Khushu (humility), الْخَشْيَةُ al-Khashyah (apprehension), الإِنَابَةُ al-Inabah (penitence), الاسْتِعَانَةُ al-Isti’anah (seeking aid), الاسْتِعَاذَةُ al-Isti’azah (appeal for refuge), الاسْتِغَاثَةُ al-Istighathah (call for help), الذَّبْحُ adh-Dhabh (sacrificing animals), النَّذْرُ an-Nadhr (vow) and other acts of worship which Allah has commanded and enjoined, all of which are dedicated to Allah Ta’ala alone.

وَأَنَّ الْمَسَاجِدَ لِلَّهِ فَلاَ تَدْعُوا مَعَ اللَّهِ أَحَداً

"And the places of worship are for Allah (alone): So invoke not any one along with Allah." (Jinn 72/18)

Consequently, if anyone performs anyone of these rites not exclusively to Allah then he is a Mushrik and a Kafir.

وَمَن يَدْعُ مَعَ اللَّهِ إلهاً آخَرَ لاَ بُرْهَانَ لَهُ بِهِ فَإِنَّمَا حِسَابُهُ عِندَ رَبِّهِ إِنَّهُ لاَ يُفْلِحُ الْكَافِرُونَ

"And whoever invokes (or worships), besides Allah, any other god, of whom he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord! And verily the disbelievers will not be successful." (al-Mu'minun 23/117)

And in the Hadith (of Rasulullah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam):

الدُّعَاءُ مخ الْعِبَادَةِ

"Supplication is the essence of worship."1

وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ عَنْ عِبَادَتِي سَيَدْخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ

"And your Lord said: Call on Me and I will respond to you. Verily, those who are arrogant to worship Me shall enter Hell-Fire, despised." (Ghafir 40/60)

Evidence for
الْخَوْفِ al-Khawf (fearing Allah alone) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

َلاَ تَخَافُوهُمْ وَخَافُونِ إِن كُنتُم

"It is only Shaytan (Satan; Devil) who would make men fear his supporters; so fear them not, but fear Me, if you are (true) believers." (Al-i Imran 3/175)

Evidence of
الرَّجَاءِ ar-Rajaa (hope) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو لِقَاءَ رَبِّهِ فَلْيَعْمَلْ عَمَلاً صَالِحاً وَلاَ يُشْرِكْ بِعِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِ أَحَداً

"So let him who hopes to meet his Lord do good deeds, and let him worship none besides Allah." (al-Kahf 18/110)

Evidence of
التَّوَكُلِ at-Tawakkul (trust) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

وَعَلَى اللّهِ فَتَوَكَّلُواْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ

"Put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed." (al-Mai'dah 5/23)

and His (Ta'ala) saying:

وَمَن يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ

"And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He (Allah) will suffice him." (at-Talaq 65/3)

Evidence of
الرَّغْبَةِ ar-Raghbah (aspiration), الرَّهْبَةِ ar-Rahbah (awe), and الْخُشُوعِ al-Khushu (humility) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِنَّهُمْ كَانُوا يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْخَيْرَاتِ وَيَدْعُونَنَا رَغَباً وَرَهَباً وَكَانُوا لَنَا خَاشِعِينَ

"They used to vie with one another in good deeds, and they called on Us with desire and fear and they humbled themselves for Us." (al-Anbiya 21/90)

Evidence of
الْخَشْيَةِ al-Khashiyah (apprehension) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

فَلاَ تَخْشَوْهُمْ وَاخْشَوْنِي...

"So fear them not, but fear Me!" (al-Baqarah 2/150; al-Mai'dah 5/3)

Evidence of
الإِنَابَةِ al-Inabah (penitence) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

وَأَنِيبُوا إِلَى رَبِّكُمْ وَأَسْلِمُوا لَهُ...

"Turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith to your Lord." (az-Zumar 39/54)

Evidence of
الاسْتِعَانَةِ al-Isti’anah (seeking aid) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

"And You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help." (al-Fatiha 1/5)

Also, it is related in the Hadith (Prophetic tradition):

... وإِذَا اسْتَعَنْتَ فَاسْتَعِنْ بِاللهِ

"If you ask for help, ask Allah only."2

Evidence of
الاسْتِعَاذَة al-Isti’azah (appeal for refuge) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ

"Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn." (al-Falaq 113/1)

and:

قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ

"Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind." (an-Nas 114/1)

Evidence of
الاسْتِغَاثَةِ al-Istighathah (appeal for help) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِذْ تَسْتَغِيثُونَ رَبَّكُمْ فَاسْتَجَابَ لَكُمْ...

"Remember when you sought help of your Lord and He answered you..." (al-Anfal 8/9)

Evidence of
الذَّبْحِ adh-Dhabh (sacrificing animals) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

قُلْ إِنَّنِي هَدَانِي رَبِّي إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ دِيناً قِيَماً مِّلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفاً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ  قُلْ إِنَّ صَلاَتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَه وَبِذَلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ

"Say: Verily, my Lord hath guided me to a Way that is straight -a religion of right- the Path (trod) by Ibrahim, Hanif (distant from Shirk and its people), and he (certainly) joined not gods with Allah. Say: Truly, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. He has no partner and of this I have been commanded and I am the first of the Muslims." (al-An'am 6/161-163)

And from the Sunnah, (the saying of Rasulullah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam):

لعَنَ اللهُ مَنْ ذَبَحَ لِغَيْرِ اللهِ

"Allah's curse is upon those who offer sacrifices to other then Him."3

Evidence of
النَّذْر an-Nadhr (vows) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

يُوفُونَ بِالنَّذْرِ وَيَخَافُونَ يَوْماً كَانَ شَرُّهُ مُسْتَطِيراً

"They fulfill (their) vows, and they fear a Day whose evil will be wide spreading." (al-Insan 76/7)

1- Tirmidhi (#3371) after narrating this Hadith said:

هَذَا حَدِيثٌ غَرِيبٌ مِنْ هَذَا الْوَجْهِ لاَ نَعْرِفُهُ إِلاَّ مِنْ حَدِيثِ ابْنِ لَهِيعَةَ

Hadith is Gharib (strange) in this way of narration. We do not know this (Hadith) other than the Hadith of Ibn Lahia.

2- Tirmidhi, #2156; Ahmad, Musnad, 1/293, 1/303, 1/307

3- Muslim, #1978

Ummah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 07.06.2015, 09:46:45 AM »

The Second Fundamental: مَعْرِفَةُ دِينِ الإِسْلامِ بِالأَدِلَّةِ Marifatu Din al-Islam bialadillati (Knowing the religion of Islam with evidences):

It is becoming
الاسْتِسْلامُ al-Istislam (submission and surrender) to Allah alone, with Tawhid and الانْقِيَاد al-Inqiyaad (submitting) to Him by الطَّاعَة at-Ta'at (obeying) His commandments and الْبَرَاءَة al-Baraa (being free) from Shirk and its people (i.e., the Mushrikin; the polytheists).

It has three
مَرَاتِبَ Maraatib (levels): الإسْلام al-Islam (Submission), الإِيمَانُ al-Iman (Belief/faith) and الإِحْسَانُ al-Ihsaan (Perfection of Worship). Each of these levels has its own أَرْكَانٌ Arkaan (pillars).

The first
اَلْمَرْتَبَةُ al-Martaba (Level): Islam (and its Pillars)

Islam has five pillars:

i-
شَهَادَة Shahadah (The testification): لا إلٰه إِلا اللهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ الله Lailalahillallah Muhammadun Rasulullah (there is none -deity- worthy of worship but Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger).

ii- Performing
الصَّلاة as-Salaat (prayers).

iii- Paying
الزَّكَاة az-Zakaat (the charity).

iv-
صَوْمُ رَمَضَانَ Sawmu Ramadaan (fasting in -the month of- Ramadaan).

v-
حَجُّ بَيْتِ اللهِ الْحَرَامِ Hajju Baytillahi al-Haraam (pilgrimage to Baytillah al-Haraam i.e., Ka’ba the Sacred House of Allah in Makkah)

The evidence for
الشَّهَادَة ash-Shahadah (testifying) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

شَهِدَ اللّهُ أَنَّهُ لاَ إلٰه إِلاَّ هُوَ وَالْمَلاَئِكَةُ وَأُوْلُواْ الْعِلْمِ قَآئِمَاً بِالْقِسْطِ لاَ إلٰه إِلاَّ هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ

"Allah bears witness that none has the right to be worshiped but He and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He always) maintains His creation on justice. Laa ilaha illa huwa, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (Al-i Imran 3/18)

It (the Kalimah; La-ilaha illallah) means:
لا مَعْبُودَ بِحَقٍّ إلا اللهُ La Mabuda bi Haqqi illallah (there is no god who is worthy of being worshiped but Allah). And the negation: لا إله Lailaha (no god but), implies the denial of any other deities worshiped besides Allah. إِلا اللهُ illaAllah (but Allah) affirms that الْعِبَادَةَ للهِ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ al-Ibadaatallahi wahdahu la sharika lah (Allah alone deserves to be worshiped without any partners). Just as He has no partner in worship He also has no partner in مُلْكِه al-Mulkihi (His Domain).

The Interpretation of the above (which makes its meaning manifest): The following verses illustrate this point:

وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ لأَبِيهِ وَقَوْمِهِ إِنَّنِي بَرَآء مِّمَّا تَعْبُدُونَ إِلاَّ الَّذِي فَطَرَنِي فَإِنَّهُ سَيَهْدِينِ وَجَعَلَهَا كَلِمَةً بَاقِيَةً فِي عَقِبِهِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْجِعُونَ

"And (remember) when Ibrahim said to his father and his people: Verily, I am innocent of what you worship, except Him Who did create me, and verily, He will guide me. And he made it (i.e., La-ilaha illallah) a Word lasting among his offspring, that they may turn back (to Allah)." (az-Zukhruf 43/26-28)

And the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

قُلْ يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ تَعَالَوْاْ إِلَى كَلَمَةٍ سَوَاءٍ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَكُمْ أَلاَّ نَعْبُدَ إِلاَّ اللّهَ وَلاَ نُشْرِكَ بِهِ شَيْئاً وَلاَ يَتَّخِذَ بَعْضُنَا بَعْضاً أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ فَإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَقُولُواْ اشْهَدُواْ بِأَنَّا مُسْلِمُونَ

"Say: (O Muhammad): O People of the scripture: Come to a word that is just between us and you: That we worship none but Allah (alone); that we associate no partners with him and that none of us shall take others as Lords besides Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims.” (Al-i Imran 3/64)

The evidence for
شَهَادَة ash-Shahadah (testifying) that مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللهِ Muhammadan Rasulullah (Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

لَقَدْ جَآءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

"Verily, a Messenger from among yourselves came to you; grievous unto him is your experiencing difficulties and he is ardently desirous of your welfare, and to the believers he is compassionate, merciful." (at-Tawbah 9/128)

The Meaning of ash-Shahadah (testifying) that
مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللهِ Muhammadan Rasulullah (Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah):

To testify that Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is Rasulullah (Messenger of Allah) signifies that one should obey his ordinances and believe him in what he tells, avoid what he prohibits and worship Allah according to His precepts.

The
دَلِيلُ Dalil (proof) of (the Incumbency of) الصَّلاة as-Salaat (prayer), الزَّكَاة az-Zakaat and the تَفْسِير Tafsir (meaning) of التَّوْحِيدِ at-Tawhid (worshiping Allah alone) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

وَمَا أُمِرُوا إِلاَّ لِيَعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ حُنَفَآءَ وَيُقِيمُوا الصَّلاةَ وَيُؤْتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَذَلِكَ دِينُ الْقَيِّمَةِ

"And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him alone, sincerely (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him, being true in faith); and establish regular prayer; and give Zakaat; and that is the right religion." (al-Bayyinah 98/5)

Evidence for
الصِّيَامِ as-Siyaam (fasting) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

“O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may (learn) self-restraint.” (al-Baqarah 2/183)

Evidence for
الْحَجِّ al-Hajj (the pilgrimage) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

وَلِلّهِ عَلَى النَّاسِ حِجُّ الْبَيْتِ مَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ إِلَيْهِ سَبِيلاً وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ الله غَنِيٌّ عَنِ الْعَالَمِينَ

"And Pilgrimage to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of His creations." (Al-i Imran 3/97)

The Second Level:
الإِيمَان al-Iman (and its Pillars)

بِضْعٌ وَسَبْعُونَ شُعْبَةً

It (i.e., Iman; faith) is (comprising of) seventy and some odd branches. (Bukhari)

The uppermost of which is (the declaration of the Oneness of Allah)
لا إلٰه إِلا اللهُ La-ilaha illallah (there is no god deserves to be worshiped but Allah) and the least of which is the removal of harmful objects off the road. الْحَيَاءُ al-Haya (modesty, bashfulness) is also a branch of Iman.

Its (Iman), Arkaan (pillars) are six: As in the Hadith:

أَنْ تُؤْمِنَ بِاللهِ، وَمَلائِكَتِهِ، وَكُتُبِهِ، وَرُسُلِهِ، وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ، وَتُؤْمِنَ بِالْقَدَرِ خَيْرِهِ وَشَرِّهِ

“Belief in Allah, His Angles, His Books, His Messengers, The Last Day and belief in Divine Pre-ordainment (Destiny) whether good or bad.”

The evidence for these six pillars (of Iman) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

لَّيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَن تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلٰكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَالْمَلآئِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ

"It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards East or West; but it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and give Zakaat; to fulfill the contracts which you have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God fearing.” (al-Baqarah 2/177)

Evidence for
الْقَدَر al-Qadr (the Divine Pre-ordainment, Destiny) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِنَّا كُلَّ شَيْءٍ خَلَقْنَاهُ بِقَدَرٍ

"Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Pre-ordainments) of all things before their creation as written in the Book of Decrees (al Lawh al Mahfuz)." (al-Qamar 54/49)

The Third Level:
الإِحْسَانُ al-Ihsaan (and its Pillar)

It (Ihsaan) has only one pillar (
الإخلاص al-Ikhlaas; sincerity). As in the Hadith:

أَنْ تَعْبُدَ اللهَ كَأَنَّكَ تَرَاهُ، فَإِن لَمْ تَكُنْ تَرَاهُ فَإِنَّهُ يَرَاكَ

To worship Allah as if you see Him. Although you do not see Him, He sees you. (Bukhari; Muslim)

Evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الّذِينَ اتَّقَواْ وَّالّذِينَ هُم مُّحْسِنُونَ

"Verily Allah is with those who are righteous and those who are sincere." (an-Nahl 16/128)

and the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى الْعَزِيزِ الرَّحِيمِ الَّذِي يَرَاكَ حِينَ تَقُومُ وَتَقَلُّبَكَ فِي السَّاجِدِينَ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

"And depend on the Mighty, the Merciful Who sees you when you stand up in prayer. And He sees you praying with others. He is surely the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing." (ash-Shuara 26/217-220)

وَمَا تَكُونُ فِي شَأْنٍ وَمَا تَتْلُو مِنْهُ مِن قُرْآنٍ وَلاَ تَعْمَلُونَ مِنْ عَمَلٍ إِلاَّ كُنَّا عَلَيْكُمْ شُهُوداً إِذْ تُفِيضُونَ فِيهِ

"And you are not engaged in any occupation, neither you recite during which any part of the Qur'an, nor do you do any work but We are witnesses over you when you are engaged in it." (Yunus 10/61)

The evidence from
السُّنَّة as-Sunnah (of the above mentioned levels of Islam), is الْمَشْهُور al-Mashur (the well known) Hadith of Jibril (alayhi salam). It was narrated on the authority of Umar ibn al-Khattab radiyallahu anh who said:

بَيْنَمَا نَحْنُ جُلُوسٌ عِنْدَ النَّبِيِّ -صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ- إِذْ طَلَعَ عَلَيْنَا رَجُلٌ، شَدِيدُ بَيَاضِ الثِّيَابِ، شَدِيدُ سَوَادِ الشَّعْرِ، لا يُرَى عَلَيْهِ أَثَرُ السَّفَرِ، وَلا يَعْرِفُهُ مِنَّا أَحَدٌ، فَجَلَسَ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ -صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ- فَأَسْنَدَ رُكْبَتَيْهِ إِلَى رُكْبَتَيْهِ، وَوَضَعَ كَفَّيْهِ عَلَى فَخِذَيْهِ، وَقَالَ: يَا مُحَمَّدُ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الإِسْلامِ فَقَالَ: ( أَنْ تَشْهَدَ أَنْ لا إلٰه إِلا اللهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللهِ، وَتُقِيمَ الصَّلاةَ، وَتُؤْتِيَ الزَّكَاةَ، وَتَصُومَ رَمَضَانَ، وَتَحُجَّ الْبَيْتَ إِنْ اسْتَطَعْتَ إِلَيْهِ سَبِيلا ). قَالَ: صَدَقْتَ. فَعَجِبْنَا لَهُ يَسْأَلُهُ وَيُصَدِّقُهُ، قَالَ: أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الإِيمَانِ. قَالَ:(أَنْ تُؤْمِنَ بِاللهِ، وَمَلائِكَتِهِ، وَكُتُبِهِ، وَرُسُلِهِ، وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ، وَتُؤْمِنَ بِالْقَدَرِ خَيْرِهِ وَشَرِّهِ ). قَالَ: صَدَقْتَ. قَالَ: أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الإِحْسَانِ. قَالَ: ( أَنْ تَعْبُدَ اللهَ كَأَنَّكَ تَرَاهُ، فَإِنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ تَرَاهُ فَإِنَّهُ يَرَاكَ ). قَالَ: أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ السَّاعَةِ. قَالَ: (مَا الْمَسْؤُولُ عَنْهَا بِأَعْلَمَ مِنَ السَّائِلِ ). قَالَ: فَأَخْبِرْنِي عَنْ أَمَارَاتِهَا. قَالَ: ( أَنْ تَلِدَ الأَمَةُ رَبَّتَهَا، وَأَنْ تَرَى الْحُفَاةَ الْعُرَاةَ الْعَالَةَ رِعَاءَ الشَّاءِ يَتَطَاوَلُونَ فِي الْبُنْيَانِ ). قَالَ: فَمَضَى، فَلَبِثْنَا مَلِيَّا، فَقَالَ: ( يَا عُمَرُ أَتَدْرُونَ مَنِ السَّائِلِ؟). قُلْنَا: اللهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَعْلَمُ، قَالَ: ( هَذَا جِبْرِيلُ أَتَاكُمْ يُعَلِّمُكُمْ أَمْرَ دِينِكُم

"One day while we were sitting with Rasulullah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, there came upon us a man with extremely white clothes and extremely black hair. There were no signs of travel on him and none of us knew him. He sat before Rasulullah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam and supported his knees up against the knees of the Prophet’s and put his hands on the Prophet's thighs. He said: O Muhammad, tell me about Islam. He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Islam is to testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is Rasulullah, to establish the prayers, to give Zakaat, to fast the month of Ramadhan, and to perform the Pilgrimage to the House, if you have the means to do so. He (i.e., the stranger) said: You have spoken truthfully. We were amazed that he asks the question and then tells him that what he had said was true. The stranger then said: Tell me about Iman. Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: It is to believe in Allah, His Angles, His Books, His Messengers, The Last Day, and in the Divine decree, the good and the evil thereof. He said: Tell me about Ihsaan. He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) answered: It is that you worship Allah as if you see Him, even though you do not see Him, He sees you. He said: Tell me about (the time of) the hour. He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: The one being asked does not know more than the one asking. He said: Tell me about its signs. He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: The slave girl shall give birth to her master, and you will see the barefooted, scantily-clothed, destitute shepherds competing in erecting lofty buildings. Then he left. I stayed for a long time. Then he (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: O Umar! Do you know who the questioner was? I said: Allah and His Messenger know best. He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: That was (the angel) Jibril who came to teach you your religion." (Muslim)

Ummah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 07.06.2015, 09:47:19 AM »

The third fundamental: مَعْرِفَةُ نَبِيِّكُمْ مُحَمَّدٍ Knowing your Nabi (Prophet) Muhammad صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings be upon him):

He is
مُحَمَّد Muhammad بْنُ عَبْدِ اللهِ ibn (the son of) Abdullah, بْنِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ ibn (son of) Abd'ul Muttalib بْنِ هَاشِمٍ ibn Hashim, Hashim is قُرَيْشٍ of (the clan of) Quraysh, and Quraysh is an الْعَرَبِ Arab tribe, and Arabs are ذُرِّيَّةِ إِسْمَاعِيلَ the descendants of Ismail (alayhi salam), بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْخَلِيلِ the son Ibrahim al-Khalil, may the best peace and blessings be on him and on our Nabi (Prophet).

He was born in
مَكَّةَ Makkah and made الْهِجْرَة al-Hijrah (migrate) to الْمَدِينَة al-Madinah. He lived for sixty-three years, forty before his النُّبُوَّة al-Nubuwwah (mission as a prophet) and twenty-three years as النُّبُوَّة al-Nubuwwah (a prophet and a messenger). His نُبِّئَ prophecy started when Allah revealed unto him: اقْرَأ "Read!" (al-Alaq 96/1) and أُرْسِلَ his message started when Allah revealed unto him: الْمُدَّثِّر al-Muddathhir! " O you (Muhammad) enveloped in garments!" (al-Muddathir 74/1)

Allah sent him to preach Tawhid and to warn against Shirk.

يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُدَّثِّرُ قُمْ فَأَنذِرْ وَرَبَّكَ فَكَبِّرْ وَثِيَابَكَ فَطَهِّرْ وَالرُّجْزَ فَاهْجُرْ وَلاَ تَمْنُن تَسْتَكْثِرُ وَلِرَبِّكَ فَاصْبِرْ 

"O you (Muhammad) enveloped in garments! Arise and warn! And magnify your Lord (Allah)! And purify your garments! And keep away from ar-Rijz (the idols)! And give not a thing in order to have more. And be patient for the sake of your Lord!” (al Muddathir 74/1-7)

قُمْ فَأَنذِرْ And Arise and warn! means: Warn against Shirk (associating partners with Allah) and preach Tawhid (to worship Allah alone). وَرَبَّكَ فَكَبِّرْ ”And magnify your Lord (Allah)!” Means: Glorify your Lord by declaring His Oneness. وَثِيَابَكَ فَطَهِّرْ ”And purify your garments!" means: purify your actions/deeds from Shirk. The Meaning of: وَالرُّجْزَ فَاهْجُرْ "And keep away from ar-Rijz (the idols)!" is avoid the idols by shunning and denouncing them and their worshipers.

Ten years he (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) continued to preach
التَّوْحِيدِ at-Tawhid (worshiping Allah alone), after that, he was taken on a journey to السَّمَاء as-Sama the heavens whereupon الصَّلَواتُ الْخَمْسُ as-Salatu’l-Khamsun (the five daily prayers and their times) were ordained. Thus, he performed prayers in Makkah for three years thereafter he was ordered الْهِجْرَة al-Hijrah (to migrate) to الْمَدِينَة al-Madinah.

Migrating from
بَلَدِ الشِّرْكِ Balad ash-Shirk (the abode of Shirk) to بَلَدِ الإِسْلامِ Balad al-Islam (the abode of Islam).

الْهِجْرَة al-Hijrah (migration) is فَرِيضَة Farida (obligatory) upon الأُمَّةِ al-Ummah  (the nation of the Muslimin) from بَلَدِ الشِّرْكِ Balad ash-Shirk (the abode of Shirk) to بَلَدِ الإِسْلامِ Balad al-Islam (the abode of Islam) and it is بَاقِيَةٌ Baqiyy (effective) till تَقُومَ السَّاعَةُ Taquum as-Sa'at (the sun rises from the West, i.e., till the end of time; the Last Day).

The evidence for this is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَوَفَّاهُمُ الْمَلآئِكَةُ ظَالِمِي أَنْفُسِهِمْ قَالُواْ فِيمَ كُنتُمْ قَالُواْ كُنَّا مُسْتَضْعَفِينَ فِي الأَرْضِ قَالْوَاْ أَلَمْ تَكُنْ أَرْضُ اللّهِ وَاسِعَةً فَتُهَاجِرُواْ فِيهَا فَأُوْلَئِكَ مَأْوَاهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ وَسَاءَتْ مَصِيراً إِلاَّ الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ وَالنِّسَاء وَالْوِلْدَانِ لاَ يَسْتَطِيعُونَ حِيلَةً وَلاَ يَهْتَدُونَ سَبِيلاً فَأُوْلَئِكَ عَسَى اللّهُ أَن يَعْفُوَ عَنْهُمْ وَكَانَ اللّهُ عَفُوّاً غَفُوراً

"Verily! As for those whom the angels have taken (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory to them), they (angels) asked them: In what condition were you? They reply: We were weak and oppressed on earth. The angels asked: Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to migrate therein? Such men will find their abode in Hell; What an evil destination! Except the weak ones among men, women and children who were unable to devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way. For these, there is hope that Allah will forgive: For Allah doth blot out (sins) and forgive again and again." (an-Nisa 4/97-99)

يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنَّ أَرْضِي وَاسِعَةٌ فَإِيَّايَ فَاعْبُدُونِ

"O My slaves who believe! Certainly, spacious is My Earth: therefore worship Me (and Me alone)." (al-Ankabut 29/56)

الْبُغَوِيُّ al-Baghawi rahimahullaah said: "This الآيَةِ al-Ayaah (revelation) refers to the Muslims who remained in Makkah and had not migrated to Madinah. Allah calls them as people who have الإِيمَانِ al-Iman (faith): "O My slaves who believe!"

The evidence for al-Hijrah (migration) from
السُّنَّة as-Sunnah is the Hadith: (Rasulullah) sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said:

ا تَنْقَطِعُ الْهِجْرَةُ حَتَّى تَنْقَطِعَ التَّوْبَةُ، وَلا تَنْقَطِعُ التَّوْبَةُ حَتَّى تَطْلُعَ الشَّمْسُ مِنْ مَغْرِبِهَا

"Emigration shall not seize to be effective until repentance becomes ineffective, and repentance shall not seize to be effective until the sun rises from the west." (Abu Dawud; Darimi; Ahmad)

When he (Rasulullah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) settled in Madinah, he was enjoined the rest of the ordinances of Islam such as
الزَّكَاة az-Zakaat, الصَّوْم as-Sawm (fasting), الْحَجِّ al-Hajj (pilgrimage), الأَذَانِ al-Adhan (call to prayers), الْجِهَاد al-Jihaad (fighting for the cause of Allah), الأَمْرِ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَالنَّهْيِ عَنِ الْمُنْكَر al-Amr-i bi’l-Ma’ruf wa Nahy an’il Munkar (recommending good and denouncing evil) and the other acts like this from شَرَائِعِ الإِسْلام the ordinances of Islam. He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) took it over ten years and died, صَلواتُ اللهِ وَسَلامُهُ عَلَيْه Salawatullahi wa Salaamuhu alayhi (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), وَدِينُهُ بَاقٍ wa Diniyyuhu Baqiyy (but his religion is everlasting).

This is his Din (religion), he did not leave a
خَيْر Khayr (good thing) without guiding his الأُمَّةَ al-Ummah (nation) to it, nor did he leave a شَرّ Sharr (evil thing) without warning his الأُمَّة al-Ummah against it. His religion remains to guide the Muslim community to all the good and to warn them against all evil. The good is التَّوْحِيد at-Tawhid (the creed of worshiping Allah alone) and every thing with which يُحِبُّهُ اللهُ وَيَرْضَاه Yuhibbullahu wa yardaahu (Allah is pleased/loved and satisfied). The evil is الشَّر ash-Shirk (associating partners to Allah) and every thing that يَكْرَهُ اللهُ وَيَأْبَاهُ yakrahullahu wa yaabaahu (Allah dislikes and prohibits).

Allah (azza wa jall) has sent him (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) to
النَّاسِ كَافَّةً all people and nations, and He has ordained that الْجِنِّ al-Jinn (the Jinni) and الإِنْسِ an-Naas (the mankind) should follow him in طَاعَتَ Taat (obedience) to his message.

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعا

"Say, O men; I am the Messenger of Allah to you all." (al-A’raf 7/158)

And
كَمَّلَ اللهُ بِهِ الدِّينَ Kamalallahu bihi ad-Din (with him Allah has completed and perfected the religion). The evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الإِسْلاَمَ دِينا

“This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” (al-Mai'dah 5/3)

The evidence of his (i.e., The prophet) sallallahu alayhi was sallam’s
مَوْتِ Mawt (death) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِنَّكَ مَيِّتٌ وَإِنَّهُم مَّيِّتُونَ ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ عِندَ رَبِّكُمْ تَخْتَصِمُونَ

"Verily, you (O Muhammad) will die and verily, they too will die. Then on the day of Resurrection, you will be disputing before your Lord." (az-Zumar 39/30-31)

All mankind shall be
مَاتُواْ يُبْعَثُونَ resurrected after death. The evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

مِنْهَا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ وَفِيهَا نُعِيدُكُمْ وَمِنْهَا نُخْرِجُكُمْ تَارَةً أُخْرَى

"From the (earth) did We create you, and into it shall We return you, and from it shall We bring you out once again." (Ta-Ha 20/55)

وَاللَّهُ أَنبَتَكُم مِّنَ الأَرْضِ نَبَاتاً ثُمَّ يُعِيدُكُمْ فِيهَا وَيُخْرِجُكُمْ إِخْرَاجاً

"And Allah has produced you from the earth growing (gradually), and in the End He will return you into the (earth), and raise you forth (again at the Resurrection)." (Nuh 71/17-18)

After
الْبَعْثِ al-Baath (Resurrection), they shall مُحَاسَبُونَ Muhaasabun (render account) to Allah and they are مَجْزِيُّونَ Majdhiyyun (rewarded or punished) بِأَعْمَالِهِم bi Amalihim (according to their deeds). The evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

وَلِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ لِيَجْزِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسَاؤُوا بِمَا عَمِلُوا وَيَجْزِيَ الَّذِينَ أَحْسَنُوا بِالْحُسْنَى

“Yea, to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: so that He rewards those who do evil, according to their deeds, and He rewards those who do good, with what is best.” (an-Najm 53/31)

Any one who
كَذَّبَ Kazb (denies/rejects) الْبَعْثِ al-Baath (Resurrection) is judged to be a كَفَر Kafir (disbeliever), the evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

زَعَمَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا أَن لَّن يُبْعَثُوا قُلْ بَلَى وَرَبِّي لَتُبْعَثُنَّ ثُمَّ لَتُنَبَّؤُنَّ بِمَا عَمِلْتُمْ وَذَلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرٌ

"Those who disbelieve assert that they will not be resurrected. Say: Surely, by my Lord you will be resurrected, then you will be informed of what you did. And that is easy for Allah." (at-Taghabun 64/7)

Allah has sent
الرُّسُلِ ar-Rusul (all the messengers) as مُبَشِّرِينَ Mubashshirin (bearers of good news to rejoice those who believe in His Oneness by the annunciation of Jannah) and مُنْذِرِين Mundhirin (to warn and grieve these who ascribe partners to Allah by Fire as their punishment).

رُّسُلاً مُّبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنذِرِينَ لِئَلاَّ يَكُونَ لِلنَّاسِ عَلَى اللّهِ حُجَّةٌ بَعْدَ الرُّسُلِ

"Messengers who gave good news as well as warning, that mankind, after (the coming) of the messengers, should have no plea against Allah." (an-Nisa 4/165)

أوَّلُهُ Awwalihu (The first) of them (i.e., Messengers) was نُوح Nuh (Noah) عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ alayhi salam (peace be upon him) and آخِرُه Akhiruhu (the last of the Messengers) was مُحَمَّد Muhammad صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings be upon him) and he is خَاتَمُ النَّبِيِّينَ Khatm'ul Nabiyyin (the Seal; last of the prophets). 

The evidence that the first of them (i.e., messenger) is Nuh (alayhi salam) is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

إِنَّا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ كَمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى نُوحٍ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ مِن بَعْدِهِ

"We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Nuh and the Messengers after him." (an-Nisa 4/163)

And
كُلُّ أُمَّةٍ Kulli Ummatin (to every nation), مِنْ نُوحٍ إِلَى مُحَمَّدٍ from the time of Nuh (alayhi salam) to Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, رَسُولا Rasulan (a Messenger) was sent يَأْمُرُهُمْ بِعِبَادَةِ اللهِ وَحْدَهُ to command them to worship Allah alone, and يَنْهَاهُمْ عَنْ عِبَادَةِ الطَّاغُوتِ to forbid them from worshiping Taghout (false deities/idols). The evidence is the statement of (Allah) Ta’ala:

وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولاً أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ وَاجْتَنِبُواْ الطَّاغُوتَ

"And We did send to every nation a Messenger preaching: Worship Allah and shun the Taghout." (an-Nahl 16/36)

Allah ordered all of them (Prophets)
الْعِبَادِ الْكُفْرَ بِالطَّاغُوتِ al-Ibaadi’l-Kufr bi Taghout (to reject worshipping the Taghout) and الإِيمَانَ بِاللهِ al-Iman billah (Faith in Allah).

ابْنُ الْقَيِّمِ Ibn Qayyim rahimahullahu Ta’ala said: "The meaning of الطَّاغُوتِ at-Taghout is whatever man الْعَبْد worships instead, or to the exclusion of Allah. It is also any human being that man transgresses by exceeding the limits of مَعْبُودٍ worshiping or مَتْبُوعٍ following him or مُطَاعٍ obeying him."

الطَّوَاغِيتُ at-Tawaghit (pl., Taghout) are numerous, but their chiefs are five:

i-
إِبْلِيسُ لَعَنَهُ الله Iblis (Satan), Lanahullah (may Allah curse him).

ii- one who is
ُبِدَ worshiped and رَاضٍ acquiesces to that worship.

iii- one
دَعَا النَّاسَ إِلَى عِبَادَةِ نَفْسِهِ who calls people to worship himself,

iv- one
ادَّعَى شَيْئًا مِنْ عِلْمِ الْغَيْبِ who claims the knowledge of Ghayb (the unseen)

v- one
حَكَمَ بِغَيْرِ مَا أَنْزَلَ اللهُ who judges or rules by other than what Allah revealed.

لاَ إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىَ لاَ انفِصَامَ لَهَا وَاللّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

"There should be no compulsion in religion. Surely, right guidance has become distinct from deviation. So whoever disbelieves in Taghout and believes in Allah has surely grasped the strong unbreakable handle. And Allah is All-Hearing, All-known." (al-Baqarah 2/256)

And this is the meaning of
لا إله إِلا اللهُ La ilaha illa Allah (There is no god deserves to be worshipped but Allah!), found in the Hadith (Rasulullah said):

رَأْسُ الأَمْرِ الإِسْلامِ، وَعَمُودُهُ الصَّلاةُ، وَذِرْوَةُ سَنَامِهِ الْجِهَادُ فِي سَبِيلِ اللهِ

"The principle part of Islam and its supporting pillar is prayer, and its highest point is Jihaad, (fighting) in the way of Allah." (Tirmidhi; Ibn Majaah; Ahmad)

وَاللهُ أَعْلَمُ Wallahu A’lam (and Allah knows best)!.. وَصَلَّى اللهُ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعلى آله وَصَحْبِهِ وَسَلَّم Sallallahu ala Muhammad wa ala Alihi wa Sahbihi wa Sallam (Peace and blessings be upon Muhammed, his family and his companions)!..