التوحيد at-Tawhid

Author Topic: KHUTBAH REGARDING ENTRANCE OF THE MONTH RAMADHAN  (Read 604 times)

Fahm'us Salaf

• Administrator
  • أنصار المل الحنيفية وحماة الشرع المحمدية
KHUTBAH REGARDING ENTRANCE OF THE MONTH RAMADHAN
« on: 27.05.2017, 12:15:53 AM »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Khutbah Regarding Entrance of the Month Ramadhan1

Shaykh'ul Islam Muhammad bin Abd'il Wahhab, Khutab'ul Minbariyya, 23-25; Muallafat'ush Shaykh Muhammad bin Abd'il Wahhab

All praise be to Allah Who Privileged and honored some of his creatures.In it (specific, virtuous and honored time) one becomes astonished with His Taalas Hukm (ruling) and His Taalas exquisite mastery, what the Aqlus Salim (sound mind) witnesses upon is exquisite mastery from His greatest Ayaat (miracles).

He Taala creates and decrees; governs the affairs and simplifies. Your Rabb (Lord) knows the most to whom He Taala makes for His Risaalaat (Prophet-hood). He Taala chooses whom He wishes with His Taalas Fadhl (favor) and Karaamaat (dignity).

I perform Hamd to Allah with a Hamd of a slave who knows that Allah is the commendable of Hamd in His every judgment, Ahkaam (pl. Hukm; rulings) and affairs of governing.

I bear witness that there is no true- god that deserves to be worshiped- but Allah Alone Who has no partner from what He Taala deserves from His slave- in Taat (obedience) and Ibadaat (worship) to Him.

I witness that Muhammad is His Taalas slave and His Rasul (Messenger); to whom (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) Allah Taala manifested Islam with after its principles had disappeared, its glory fell and its Ayaat had been forgotten.

May the blessings of Allah and abundant greetings be upon Muhammad, his household, his companions and those who follow them upon his Din, love it, and Muwalaat (show allegiance) to it.

Amma bad (to proceed): O you people! Fear Allah Taala as He should be feared. Hurry to His Taalas forgiveness and His consent. Before the end of your life span, its time and its hours are gone.

Know that a Karim (generous) month, a great season ascended to your abode. Allah Taala specified it (i.e. month of Ramadhan) to other months with the Sharaf and the Karam. Ascended in it (i.e. month of Ramadhan) the Great Quran, made its fasting Fardh (obligatory), and made it one of the Arkaan (pl. Rukn; principles) of the Islam that which structure of Islam does not stand up upon other than it and does not stay straight.

Your Karim Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) made its (i.e. month of Ramadhan) Qiyaam (Tarawih Prayer) a Sunnah. Upon him the best Salaat and the perfect Salaam.

It is stated in the Hadith:

من صام رمضان إيمانا واحتسابا غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه
"Whoever observes fasts during the month of Ramadhan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven." (Bukhari, Hadith no: 38);

من قام رمضان إيمانا واحتسابا غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه
"Whoever establishes prayers during the nights of Ramadan faithfully out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not for showing off), all his past sins will be forgiven." (Bukhari, Hadith no: 37);

صوموا لرؤيته وأفطروا لرؤيته، فإن غم عليكم فأكملوا عدة شعبان ثلاثين يوما
"Start fasting on seeing the crescent (of Ramadan), and give up fasting on seeing the crescent (of Shawwal), and if the sky is overcast (and you cannot see it), complete thirty days of Sha'ban." (Bukhari, Hadith no: 1909)

I seek refuge with Allah from the Shaytaan (Satan) the accursed:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ أَيَّاماً مَعْدُودَاتٍ فَمَنْ كَانَ مِنْكُمْ مَرِيضاً أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ وَعَلَى الَّذِينَ يُطِيقُونَهُ فِدْيَةٌ طَعَامُ مِسْكِينٍ فَمَنْ تَطَوَّعَ خَيْراً فَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَهُ وَأَنْ تَصُومُوا خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِي أُنْزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدىً لِلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِنَ الْهُدَى وَالْفُرْقَانِ فَمَنْ شَهِدَ مِنْكُمُ الشَّهْرَ فَلْيَصُمْهُ وَمَنْ كَانَ مَرِيضاً أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلا يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ وَلِتُكْمِلُوا الْعِدَّةَ وَلِتُكَبِّرُوا اللَّهَ عَلَى مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint. (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (with hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew. Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qurn, as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful. (al-Baqarah 2/183-185)

May Allah make it a blessing for me and for you in the Great Quran, and benefit me and you with it from the Ayaat and wise Dhikr (remembrance). (Amin!)

This is our statement from statements. I ask for Istighfar (forgiveness) from Allah the Adhim (Great) and the Jalil (Mighty) for me, for you and other Muslimin from every sin. So ask for His Istighfar indeed He is the Ghafur (All Forgiving) and the Rahim (Merciful).

Footnotes:

1- This Khutbah (relıgious sermon) is the Khutbah regarding entrance of the month Ramadhan delivered by Shaykhul Islam Muhammad bin Abdil Wahhab (rahimahullah) and presents in his book Khutabul Minbariyya which can be found in Muallafat'ush Shaykh Muhammad bin Abd'il Wahhab. Shaykh (rahimahullah) most likely delivered this Khutbah in the first days of Ramadhan or a few days before the Ramadhan as a Khutbah of the Jumuah (Friday) Prayer. Allah knows!
Whosoever desires الْعِزَّةَ al-Izzah (honour, power and glory) then to Allah belong all الْعِزَّةَ al-Izzah [and one can get honour, power and glory only by obeying and worshiping Allah (Alone)]. To Him ascend (all) الْكَلِمُ الطَّيِّبُ al-Kalim al-Tayyib (the goodly words), and الْعَمَلُ الصَّالِحُ al-Amal al-Saalih (the righteous deeds) exalt it (the goodly words i.e., the goodly words are not accepted by Allah unless and until they are followed by good deeds). (Fatir 35/10)

Izhr'ud Dn

• Global Moderator
  • فَفِرُّوا إِلَى اللَّهِ
Re: KHUTBAH REGARDING ENTRANCE OF THE MONTH RAMADHAN
« Reply #1 on: 03.05.2019, 08:09:01 PM »
Bismillh,

Just a reminder!
Shaykh'ul Islm Ibnu Taymiyyah (Rahimahullh) stated,

والعالم يعرف الجاهل؛ لأنه كان جاهلا، والجاهل لا يعرف العالم لأنه لم يكن عالما

"The lim (scholar) recognizes the Jhil (ignorant) since he was once a Jhil. The Jhil does not recognize the lim since he has never been an lim." (Shaykh'ul Islm Ibnu Taymiyyah, Majm'ul Fatw, 13/235)