التوحيد at-Tawhid

Author Topic: DR'UL HARB & THE TREATMENT OF ITS PEOPLE  (Read 227 times)

Fahm'us Salaf

• Administrator
  • أنصار المل الحنيفية وحماة الشرع المحمدية
DR'UL HARB & THE TREATMENT OF ITS PEOPLE
« on: June 08, 2018, 01:08:36 AM »

بسم الله الرّحمن الرّحيم

What Is Dr'ul Harb And How Are The Ahlul Harb (The People Of Drul Harb) Treated

Imm Hamad bin Atq an-Najd (1227H-1301H)

ad-Durarus Saniyya, 9/256-259
Whosoever desires الْعِزَّةَ al-Izzah (honour, power and glory) then to Allah belong all الْعِزَّةَ al-Izzah [and one can get honour, power and glory only by obeying and worshiping Allah (Alone)]. To Him ascend (all) الْكَلِمُ الطَّيِّبُ al-Kalim al-Tayyib (the goodly words), and الْعَمَلُ الصَّالِحُ al-Amal al-Saalih (the righteous deeds) exalt it (the goodly words i.e., the goodly words are not accepted by Allah unless and until they are followed by good deeds). (Fatir 35/10)

Fahm'us Salaf

• Administrator
  • أنصار المل الحنيفية وحماة الشرع المحمدية
Re: DR'UL HARB & THE TREATMENT OF ITS PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 03:35:37 AM »
What Is Dr'ul Harb And How Are The Ahlul Harb (The People Of Drul Harb) Treated1

Shaykh Hamad bin Atq (Rahimahullhu Tal)2, stated the following to some of his brothers (in Dn):

What you mentioned regarding the Ikhwn (brothers) which is a loss upon the Dn (religion i.e. Islm) and the Imn (faith). It indicates that what Sdiqul Masdq (Sdiq: the truthful and Masdq: the one who is to be trusted i.e. Prophet Muhammad)3 had informed with already happened. Since the Nab (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) had already stated:

إن الله لا يقبض العلم انتزاعا ينتزعه من الناس، وإنما يقبض العلم بقبض العلماء، حتى إذا لم يبق عالم، اتخذ الناس رؤساء جهالا، فسئلوا فأفتوا بغير علم، فضلوا وأضلوا
Surely Allh does not take away the Ilm (sacred knowledge), by taking it away from (the hearts of) the people, but takes it away by the death of the Ulam (pl. lim; scholars) untill no lim (scholar) remains, people will take ignorant ones as leaders who will give verdict without knowledge when consulted. So they will go astray and will lead the people astray.4

Nab (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) also stated,

لا تقوم الساعة حتى يرفع العلم، ويوضع الجهل
The as-Saat (Last Hour) will not arrive until Ilm is taken away, and Jahl (ignorance) prevails...5

In many of Ahadth (pl, Hadth) there is this meaning. It already had happened just as Sdiqul Masdk (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) had informed us.

Proceeding after that; what made me sad and is possibly a lie reached me, it is: You rejected those who purchased the goods of Ahlul Ahs (the People of the city Ahs) which were taken from them by force (i.e. you do not find it suitable to take anything as booty from the goods of Ahs). If it is true then I do not know what befalls you? Since in our presence no one but those similar to these reject it: None except those who hold as Itiqad (creed) the Itiqad of the Ahlud Dallah (People of Misguidance) and the saying whoever says La-ilha Illallh (There is no true- God deserves to be worshipped- but Allh) can not be declared upon Takfr, committing what the majority of the people is upon; from Shirk and matters related with it, showing compliance to it, lack of rejecting it does not take one out from the fold of Islam.6

With it they opposed Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdil Wahhb (Rahimahullh) and those whom participated with him in the beginning of the Dawah (call), with the decision of the Muhaqqiqn (pl. Muhaqqq; verifiers), that the city will be looked at; if Shirk became apparent in it, prohibitions displayed openly in it, distinguishing signs of Dn are disrupted in it then it becomes Bild (cities) of Kufr. The wealth of its people will be taken as Ghanmah (war booty) and their blood becomes Hall (to shed). People of these cities already increased by displaying speaking ill of Allh Tal and His Dn. They put/made laws to implement the subjects that are in opposition to Kitbullah (the Book of Allh; Qurn) and the Sunnah of His Nab (Sallallhu Alayhi wa sallam). As you already know, even one of it is sufficient for taking the one who performs it, out from the fold of Islm.

This and we say: In it (that place) could be those who are not ruled with Kufr in the Btin (inwards) among the Mustadhaf (oppressed) and their likes. When it comes to the Dhhir (apparent), all praise be to Allh, it is clear. It is sufficient for you, what the Nab (Sallallhu Alayhi wa sallam) did to the Ahl (people of the city of) Makkah even though the Mustadhafn (pl, Mustadhaf) were in it likewise what His Ashb did to the many of those who committed Irtidd (apostasy) from Islm by making their blood, wealth and chastity Hall (permissible to shed and to take). Every intelligent person and lim (scholar) would know that what they commit from Kufr and Riddat is uglier and more obscene than many of those who did it or these (during the era of the Ashb).

When you turn your view to the Nuss (pl. Nass; textual proofs) of the Kitb (the book i.e. Qurn) and the Sunnah (of the Prophet Muhammad) and also to the life of Rasl (Sallallhu Alayhi wa sallam) and His Ashb (companions), you will find it pure and crystal clear none would deviat from it except the one who is perished. Then (turn your view) to what the Ulam mentioned and perform Raghbah (aspiration) to Allh Tal regarding Hidyah (guidance) of the heart and removing the Shubhah (doubt). I would not have deemed that this would occur from some one like you and that you would be deceived by what the Juhl (pl. Jhil; ignorant) is upon, what the Ahlush Shubuht (the people of doubts) say.

According to what reached me: Some people say: In Ahs there are those who manifest their Dn. They are not prohibited from praying Salt (daily prayers) in the Masjid (pl, Masjd; mosques)! This in their presence is what manifesting Dn is! This is an obscene slip and the peak of it is: The people of Baghdd, the people of Manbij and the people of Misr (Egypt); those who live in them manifest their Dn since they are neither prohibited from praying nor prohibited from the Masjid.

O slaves of Allh! Where are you intellects? The conflict between us and between them is not regarding Salt!.. The conflict is regarding the affirmation of the Tawhd and commanding it (i.e. Tawhd); and dispraising the Shirk and prohibiting it (i.e. Shirk) and publicizing it. As Imm of the Dawah (call) of Najdiyyah (i.e. Muhammad bin Abdil Wahhb) said:

أصل دين الإسلام وقاعدته أمران
الأول: الأمر بعبادة الله وحده لا شريك له، والتحريض على ذلك، والموالاة فيه، وتكفير من تركه
الأمر الثاني: الإنذار عن الشرك في عبادة الله وحده لا شريك له، والتغليظ في ذلك، والمعاداة فيه، وتكفير من فعله

Aslu Dnil Islm (The essence of the Religion of Islm) and its Qidah (principles) consist of two directives:

The first directive: The order of worshiping Allh Tal alone Who has no partners, the encouragement (call) to this, the Muwalt (collaboration) based on it and declaring Takfr on he who forsakes it.

The second (directive): The warning against Shirk in Ibadh (worship) to Allh, being harsh in it, basing enmity on it and declaring Takfr on he who acts upon it.

So this is what manifesting the Dn is, O Abdullh bin Husayn!..

So ponder -may Allh direct you to His obedience- like the statement of Allh Tal in a Makki Srah (sent down during the Makkan period):

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ لا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Say: O ye who reject Faith! I worship not that which ye worship.7

Up to the end of the Srah (al-Kfirn). Did it reach your heart that Allh Tal commanded to address them as Kfirn (pl. Kafir; disbelievers) and informed that Raslullah (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) would not have worshipped what they worshipped meaning he is distant from their Dn also informed that they would have not worshipped what Raslullah (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) worships meaning they are distant from Tawhd. For this reason, Allh Tal ended this Srah with His statement:

لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ
To you be your Way, and to me mine.8

Therefore it includes Raslullah (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) is distant from their Dn and they are distant from the Dn of Raslullah (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam). So ponder upon the statement of Allh Tal:

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ فِي شَكٍّ مِنْ دِينِي فَلا أَعْبُدُ الَّذِينَ تَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ وَلَكِنْ أَعْبُدُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي يَتَوَفَّاكُمْ وَأُمِرْتُ أَنْ أَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَأَنْ أَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ
Say: "O ye men! If ye are in doubt as to my religion, (behold!) I worship not what ye worship, other than Allh! But I worship Allh; Who will take your souls (at death): I am commanded to be (in the ranks) of the Believers, and further (thus): Set thy face towards Religion with true piety, and never in any wise be of the Unbelievers.9

Have you heard that Allh Tal commanded His Nab (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) to tell the Mushrikn: Indeed I am distant from your Dn.? (Have you heard) that indeed Allh Tal commanded the Nab (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) to be among the Muminn (pl. Mumin; believers) whom are their enemies? (Have you also heard that) Allh Tal prohibited to Nab (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) to be among the Mushrikn (p.l. Mushrik; idol worshippers) whom are the Awliy (pl. Wali; friends) and Hizb (party) of each other?

In the Qurn Ayt (pl. Ayat; verses of the Qurn) are countless. Just like what Allh Tal mentioned regarding His Hall (intimate friend i.e. Prophet Ibrhm) and those with him:

إِذْ قَالُوا لِقَوْمِهِمْ إِنَّا بُرَآءُ مِنْكُمْ وَمِمَّا تَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ
When they said to their people: We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allh...10

Allh Tal commanded to take Ibrhm (Alayhis Salm) and those with him as examples in both statement and action. My intention is to warn you while fearing from brotherhood that is no avail for the Din. May Allh Tal provide refuge to us and you from deviating Fitna (trial).

Footnotes:

1- ad-Durarus Saniyyah, 9/256-259.

2- For more information regarding Shaykh (Rahimahullh) refer back to: "
Shaykh Hamad bin Atq (Rahimahullh) "by following the hyperlink.

3- The term Sdiqul Masdq has been used regarding the Prophet of Allh, Muhammad (Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) in many of the Hadth and one of them is as follows,

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ الْمَكِّيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ الأُمَوِيُّ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ، قَالَ كُنْتُ مَعَ مَرْوَانَ وَأَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ فَسَمِعْتُ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ الصَّادِقَ الْمَصْدُوقَ، يَقُولُ هَلاَكُ أُمَّتِي عَلَى يَدَىْ غِلْمَةٍ مِنْ قُرَيْشٍ.‏ فَقَالَ مَرْوَانُ غِلْمَةٌ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ إِنْ شِئْتَ أَنْ أُسَمِّيَهُمْ بَنِي فُلاَنٍ وَبَنِي فُلاَنٍ‏.
It was narrated on the authority of Yahy bin Sa'd al-Umaw that he said, I was with Marwn (Radiyallhu Anh) and Ab Hurayrah (Radiyallhu Anh) and heard Ab Hurayrah (Radiyallhu Anh) saying, I heard Sdiqul Masdq (the trustworthy, truly inspired one i.e. the Prophet Sallallhu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying,

The destruction of my followers will be brought about by the hands of some youngsters from Quraysh.

Marwn (Radiyallhu Anh) asked, Youngsters? Abu Hurayrah (Radiyallhu Anh) said, If you wish, I would name them: They are the children of so-and-so and the children of so-and-so. (Bukhr, Hadth no: 3605.)

4- Bukhr, Hadth no: 100; Muslim, Hadth no: 2673.

5- Bukhr, Hadth no: 80; Muslim, Hadth no: 2671.

6- The reason behind this is they treat them as Muslim therefore they do not approve taking their wealth as Ghanmah (booty).

7- al-Kfirn 109/1-2.

8- al-Kfirn 109/6.

9- Ynus 10/104-105.

10- al-Mumtahinah 60/4.
Whosoever desires الْعِزَّةَ al-Izzah (honour, power and glory) then to Allah belong all الْعِزَّةَ al-Izzah [and one can get honour, power and glory only by obeying and worshiping Allah (Alone)]. To Him ascend (all) الْكَلِمُ الطَّيِّبُ al-Kalim al-Tayyib (the goodly words), and الْعَمَلُ الصَّالِحُ al-Amal al-Saalih (the righteous deeds) exalt it (the goodly words i.e., the goodly words are not accepted by Allah unless and until they are followed by good deeds). (Fatir 35/10)